Detroit Restaurant Week starts Friday. And I’m getting my chewing muscles ready now.
Check out the website here, but I’ll give you some of the details anyway: It kicks off Friday, lasts through all next week, and wraps up Sunday, Oct. 2. Restaurants all over the city are creating special three-course menus at the low, low price of $28 per person.
There’s a good mix of participating restaurants from downtown and midtown, with a few other locations close to the greater downtown area thrown in, too. I’ve eaten at a bunch of these already:
- Atlas Global Bistro: We visited here for a previous DRW and it was EXCELLENT.
- Caucus Club: I’ve eaten here, but not for DRW. The fish was some of the best I’ve had in my life — and I eat a lot of fish.
- Cliff Bell’s: I’ve been here a million times but never eaten here; does that count?
- Roast: I haven’t been here, but my husband goes sometimes for happy hours. If the rest of the food is as good as he says the burgers are, I wouldn’t want to miss this place.
- Roma Cafe: I’ve been here once and it was pretty darn good.
- The Whitney: We’ve been a couple times, for special occasions. The food is always excellent, but what really makes this place is the atmosphere. We talk about what we’d like to do with each room in the mansion if we were to become millionaires one day and buy it.
Other places to check out, that I’ve never been to: 24Grille; Andiamo Detroit Riverfront (although I’ve eaten at a different Andiamo location before, and it was quite good); Angelina Italian Bistro; Coach Insignia; Cuisine; Da Edoardo Foxtown Grille; Detroit Seafood Market; Fountain Bistro; Iridescence; La Dolce Vita; Mosaic Restaurant; Opus One; Rattlesnake Club; Saltwater; and Wolfgang Puck Grille.
Man. There are a lot of delicious restaurants I haven’t been to yet! Luckily, there are events like Detroit Restaurant Week to give me an excuse to go, right?
And if you can’t make it, Royal Oak Restaurant Week is also coming up. But we’ll talk about that later.
This post is brought to you by the fine folks at Paragon Apartments, offering apartments across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, and the Paragon Patio, where residents connect. We’d love to talk with you on Facebook and Twitter!